Desperately seeking Contributions

Coordinator
Feb 17, 2013 at 2:16 AM
The NuPattern project is desperately seeking anyone to make a screencast of a pattern toolkit that we can publish to the community as public example of what NuPattern can do.

In order to get the community more involved in the future of NuPattern, we know that we need to draw people to this technology using visual examples of what NuPattern can do by demonstrating existing toolkits out there.

Today, there are very few examples of pattern toolkits in the public domain. The toolkits we do know about are created and used within enterprises, and not for public viewing.
However, we do have one toolkit that is public and open, and that have been updating and refining – the ‘MVC Application Toolkit’ on CodePlex.

Furthermore, we have documented a detailed walkthrough which shows all the cool features of it. Its really not a complex toolkit, but it can do a lot for a developer not so familiar with MVC, and that’s totally the value of NuPattern. But what we desperately lack is a video of this walkthrough.

What I am asking is if anyone would be willing to record a short screencast of themselves doing the MVCPAT toolkit walkthrough and showing-off all its features?
We would post the video on both the MVCPAT site and the NuPattern site as an example to draw people to the NuPattern technology.
Of course, a walkthrough of any toolkit would also be acceptable.

Without this walkthrough, and/or examples of other toolkits in the public domain, we seem to be losing interest in the wider community, and without that support the project will surely languish.

Can you or someone you know help?
Feb 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM
I just discovered NuPattern due to your request for help.
What a great concept. I have already started to spread the news around several fellow architects and programmers.

I mostly work with either Windows Phone or Windows 8 dev teams, and was about to review your 'Getting started' and the MVCPAT toolkit walkthrough.
To see if any patterns toolkit could be built for Win8/WP8 projects.
And Tweet about it. And Blog about it.

However, I just read in your FAQ section that NuPattern is not currently supported in VS2012. (And will fail even on VS2010 if installed after the 2010 IDE)
This is quite a blocker. For me. For most of the people with either I work with, discuss, attend user groups sessions, etc.
Everybody(almost!) here (Montreal, Canada) has moved to 2012.
Well, at least, those early adopters that are constantly trying new technologies and tools.

Can you confirm that this is still an issue to this date (Feb2013) ?

If so, I think this might be the biggest challenge to get the early adopters getting involved in this great project.
Feb 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM
I totally agree, without VS2012 support we can't (or not willing to) do anything with the product.

Hoping to see a VS2012 release soon......

Cheers, Craig.
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I am so sorry guys. It is very dissapointing for us too.
And I am particularly bothered that your enthusiasm for the project and others looking at NuPattern right now may be jeopodised too by this delay in the release.
As you can see many of the other pieces are already in place for the release, which has taken a great deal of time and effort.

All I can ask is that you bear with us, and the process we are in, to get this resolved. I keep saying its coming any day now, but the reality is that it is completely out of my control for the moment, and that's not a good place to be when you are trying to build a new community.

As soon as the release is freed, we will be making a big stink about it, and we can get over this long speed bump. :)

Thanks for your all your patience

p.s. crgsoftware, great to see you are still keeping an eye on it. thanks.
Feb 18, 2013 at 9:26 PM
Jezzsa, I have a 3rd year graduate ready and waiting to work with NuPattern :)
Coordinator
Feb 18, 2013 at 9:37 PM
thanks craig, no pressure for me then.... :|
Mar 4, 2013 at 1:19 PM
Hi,

Just taking some news about this project and VS 2012 integration.
Any update or hint about it?

Thanks,
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Sharlock,
Thanks for following up.
Yes, there is an update. We are another big step closer to where we need to be.
Hoping to give a proper announcement any day now. We should see some activity very soon.

expectantly,