Software Development Automation 2013

Editor
May 23, 2013 at 3:33 PM
Hi,

Thanks to Jezz, it was brought to my attention next week is the Software Development Automation conference in Amsterdam. I will be attending and hopefully I'll be able to talk to some people about NuPattern. I emailed the organizers to ask whether I could present something about it, but the program is already set so I doubt it.

Will anybody else here attend?

Bye,
Steven
Coordinator
May 24, 2013 at 2:33 AM
Wow, that's great news!

I may suggest using NSB Studio to showcase how a potentially complicated framework/runtime/system can end up being trivial to setup using NuPattern: https://github.com/NServiceBus/Studio

Editor
May 24, 2013 at 11:27 AM
Hi,

Unfortunately, the organizers told me there is no room to present something. So I'll have to mingle in the crowd and try to discuss it with people.

Bye,
Steven
Coordinator
May 27, 2013 at 12:22 AM
Hey Steven,

This is fabulous news you are going to this event, especially at such short notice. I'd love to be there with you.
NL has always been far ahead in awareness around the value of Automation in Software, and this conference in particular seems to be just the right fit for NuPattern to demonstrate its value in this space.
(At least from what I read about it! :))

Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you or provide you that would help spread the word.

Ed Bakker ough to be there too!
Editor
May 29, 2013 at 9:02 PM
Hi,

So I had an interesting day today., I got a nice overview of the field of model-driven development. And I talked to several people who all had very different stories to tell. I tried to spread to word about NuPattern but I must say it was hard. Most of the crowd lived in the Java-ecosystem so my enthusiastic descriptions of Visual Studio extensions did not really have the effect I hoped.

Next year we need to have a presentation there.

Bye,
Steven
Coordinator
May 30, 2013 at 8:54 PM
Hey Steven,

That sounds similar to my experiences at previous conferences like this.
I found that the most of the tools in those spaces are addressing interesting and sometimes academic problems, and that the discussions are centered primarily around the struggle to get ordinary developers to use textual or graphical tools. But not a whole lot of holistic viewpoints about how to find integrated approaches that combine the right tool for the right job.

You are right, we need to get people talking about and seeing NuPattern working at these kinds of conferences.

Jezz