Build server requirements for pattern toolkits

Coordinator
Aug 23, 2013 at 11:28 PM
What do I need to install on a build server to run automated builds of pattern toolkits? I know I need the Visual Studio SDK, which I have installed. But I also get these errors when building on our TFS build machine:

The imported project "C:\Users\TFSBUILD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSBuild\NuPattern\NuPattern Toolkit Builder\NuPattern.Authoring.PatternToolkitVersion.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.
The imported project "C:\Users\TFSBUILD\AppData\Local\Microsoft\MSBuild\NuPattern\NuPattern Toolkit Builder\NuPattern.Authoring.PatternToolkitVersion.targets" was not found. Confirm that the path in the <Import> declaration is correct, and that the file exists on disk.

Do I need to install NuPattern on the build machine? Or would it be sufficient to just add those build targets?
Coordinator
Aug 23, 2013 at 11:47 PM
And when I open those missing build targets on my machine, I see that they have some user-specific paths in them, as well as the file itself being in a user-specific path. Does that mean I would have to log in as the build account when I install NuPattern on the build machine?
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2013 at 3:55 AM
With your toolkit solution opened, you'll see the following guidance topic:

Inline image 1

That contains information on how to build on TFS.

HTH

/kzu

--
Daniel Cazzulino

Coordinator
Aug 25, 2013 at 5:20 PM
Thanks, that what I needed. The image you included doesn't display in my browser, so here's the path to the guidance topic as text for future reference:

Pattern Toolkit Guidance --> How To: Guides --> Building --> How To: Building a Toolkit in Team Build