Command using patterns that extends an extension point

Jan 28, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Hi,
I have a pattern with an extension point and several patterns that implement this extension point.
I would like to create a wizard that allows from the first pattern to choose one of the patterns that implement the extension point.
Once the pattern is chosen, a command should be able to unfold the extension pattern.
I read in the guidance explorer the following:
"Because it is not known at design-time which pattern (from another toolkit) will plug into instances of this pattern, you cannot ‘Auto-Create’ instances of other patterns. However, you can create custom commands that "
Unfortunately the sentence is incomplete...

Anyone can help?

Regards,
Erica D'Acunto
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Hi Erica,

Oh boy, thanks for finding this. I'll log a bug to provide some example content for this topic.

I think the statement would have continued to say something like:
"However, you can create custom commands that can create instances of specific toolkits that extend the extension point."

You can an example of this in: https://nupattern.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#Src/Authoring/Source/Authoring.PatternToolkit.Automation/Commands/CreateAutomationLibraryExtensionCommand.cs
Where we create an instance of the AutomationLibrary pattern for the extension point on the PatternToolkit Library element.