Event Automation Failed

Feb 7, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Hi All,

I am trying to follow along the HOL Guidance & am stuck at end of Part 2. I have the Automation & Launch Point all setup on the "Widget" as instructed but when i try running, i get the following error: "event automation failed".

In the output window i see this: "An item with the same key has already been added".

Help / inputs please, thanks!
Coordinator
Aug 3, 2015 at 1:11 PM
I have found the root cause of this issue. It is due to a duplicate automation directive at the bottom of the item template. I will fix the issue with the VS 2015 update as well as post workaround instructions on this thread.
Oct 20, 2015 at 6:45 PM
Hey Bruk --

What's the fixed code look like for 2013? I just commented out one of the WizardExtensions, but not sure if I got the right one. Thanks!
  <WizardExtension>
    <Assembly>NuPattern.VisualStudio.TemplateWizards, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=24c7786d4a8b1a88</Assembly>
    <FullClassName>NuPattern.VisualStudio.TemplateWizards.ElementReplacementsTemplateWizard</FullClassName>
  </WizardExtension>
  <!-- http://nupattern.codeplex.com/discussions/579712-->
  <!--
  <WizardExtension>
    <Assembly>NuPattern.Library, Version=1.4.24.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=24c7786d4a8b1a88</Assembly>
    <FullClassName>NuPattern.Library.TemplateWizards.ElementReplacementsTemplateWizard</FullClassName>
  </WizardExtension>
  -->