File Picker Value Provider for Wizard?

Nov 5, 2015 at 8:23 PM
Hi all,

This is either a really dumb or lazy question so I thought I'd ping first: Is there a built in value provider that I can use to pick a disk location as a value? I have some SQL setup scripts where I'd like the engineer to be able to pick a disk location, then the disk location is inserted into the setup scripts.

Is this something I overlooked? Or do I just need to create a custom value provider? Or am I not even asking the right question?

thanks,
van.
Nov 13, 2015 at 8:04 PM
OK, I'm an idiot. For those who'd like to know in the future, I created an item in the solution builder in my template called SetupScript that then had properties like databasePath and logPath. Both are string types. The trick is to set the Type Editor property in those variables' properties to System.Windows.Forms.Design.FolderNameEditor You create the wizard as you would in the hands on tutorials and when you run it, the property editor will just do the right thing. It also means that if you edit the variables properties of the item from its properties window, then you will also get the folder picker.
Marked as answer by vancurtis on 11/17/2015 at 10:40 AM