Building a release for VS'15

Editor
Nov 2, 2015 at 8:03 AM
Hi,

Is anybody working on a release for Visual Studio 2015? If not, can somebody give me an idea how much work it would be to do the port myself and maybe point me in the right direction? I'm mainly interested in whether we should invest time in NuPattern or that it would be best to pursue other solutions.

Cheers,
Steven
Nov 5, 2015 at 9:12 PM
Hey Steven,

I believe Bruk is working on a port right now -- at least as of the last few weeks. I had the same question for him and concern about the product lifespan. We're still in 2013 at the moment, so I'm going for it.

van.
Editor
Nov 6, 2015 at 7:40 AM
There hasn't been any commits to the Bruk/VS2015Compat fork yet and Bruk himself has no activity in the last 60 days according to Codeplex. Maybe Bruk can tell us his plans and timeline?

I am sad this project seems to be dying, as I haven't found anything similar. Are there any alternatives? Does anybody know what the NServiceBus people plan for their next release of their tooling?

Cheers,
Steven
Nov 6, 2015 at 4:08 PM
I happened to get introduced to Bruk via another channel and emailed with him about NuPattern two weeks ago. I know he's interested in stirring up community involvement so I pinged him to let him know about your interest in working on the port. I know he's wicked busy and has limited hours, so the work has been going slowly. But perhaps with some community involvement… ;-)

van.
Editor
Nov 13, 2015 at 9:40 AM
So I've spent some time on this. I took the Bruk/VS2015Compat branch and tried to add a VS2015 target. I can now build the NuPatternToolkitManager.vsix (Runtime) and install it in VS'15. I didn't get around to the Authoring tools yet and took some shortcuts to get it to work, but it proves to me there are no insurmountable obstacles. All in all it is not terribly difficult, just a bit of work.

Cheers,
Steven